More Newspapers Print Mohammed Comics
Posted on February 8, 2006
The Mohammed Cartoon Conflict continues as parts of the Islamic world are still enraged by the comics initially printed by the Jyllands-Posten newspaper in Denmark. Since then newspapers in Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Jordan, New Zealand, Australia and the United States have printed the cartoons. Here is a list of some newspapers and magazines that have run the cartoons.
- Jyllands-Posten, a Danish newspaper, first published the cartoons in September, 2005.
- Germany's Die Welt
- Germany's Berliner Zeitung
- France Soir
- Al Fagr, an Egyptian newspaper
- Italy's La Stampa
- Italy's Corriere della Serra
- Spain: Barcelona's El Periodico and Madrid's El Mundo
- Courrier International in France
- New Zealand's Dominion Post
- The Courier-Mail in Brisbane, Australia
- Rockhampton's Morning Bulletin, Australia
- The Shihan in Jordan
- Philadelphia Inquirer
- New York Sun
- Daily Press in Victorville, California.
- Wyoming Tribune-Eagle in Cheyenne
- French magazine Charlie Hebdo printed the cartoons along with a new original Mohammed cartoon.
- Spare Change News