How to Find Blogs(bloggersblog > how to find blogs)
Finding blogs to read is not difficult once you know where to look. There are millions of blogs so it is not just a matter of finding blogs, but finding good ones that provide information on the subject you are interested in.
Here are several ways that you can find blogs:
- Favorite Site Check: Check your favorite websites to see if they already have a blog.
- Use a Search Engine: Search one of the major search engines for blog + the subject you are interested in. For example go to Google or Bing and try searches like "gadget blogs" or "food blog" or "fashion bloggers."
- Look for Blogrolls: When you find a good blog on your topic of interest check the right or left side of the blog to see if they have a list of links to similar blogs (also known as a blogroll). This method worked better several years ago. Blogrolls are not as "in" as they were several years so you might not find as many today. Today you might have to dig deeper read a few posts and see if there are any blogs a blog you like is linking to.
- Blog Directories: Check blog directories like Blogarama.com and Best of the Web Blogs. You can find more blog directories on our blog directory page.
- News Search Engines: Some of the news search engines are starting to incorporate blogs into their database. If you search these news search engines
(Google News and Bing News).
- Magazine and Newspaper Columns: Check the tech columns of your favorite magazines and newspapers -- they are likely to mention blogs now and then.
- Twitter: Use Twitter. Go to Twitter and keywords like "mommy blog." Then select the people option and you will find many mommy bloggers.
- Platform Recommendations: Check if your blogging platform has a directory or recommendations. For example, Tumblr has a recommended for you feature.
- RSS Readers: Search RSS readers like Feedly.com for feeds covering the topic you are interested in.
Not all RSS Feeds are from blogs, but many are.
- Social Bookmarks: Social bookmarking websites like Stumble Upon will usually have lots of blog links.
- Ask Friends and Colleagues: Use the old, but tried and true, information network -- ask your friends if they have read any good blogs lately.