Printable Greeting Cards(greeting cards > printable cards)
Printable greeting cards are cards that you can print yourself use a computer and a printer. These types of cards are easily customizable so you don't have to rely on the greeting card verses found on store shelves.
You can print greeting cards using any type of paper but pre-scored card paper is designed for greeting cards and helps you get a crisp fold on your printed card.
Online Printable Card Sources
There are many websites offering downloadable templates or online card customization. Here are a few of the top sites.
- American Greetings Printables - American Greetings offers a collection of printable cards you can customize and print at home.
- Blue Mountain Printable Everyday Card - Blue Mountain offers a collection of customizable greeting cards you can print from home.
- Brother Greeting Card Templates - Brother has a free online service that lets you customize greeting cards and invitations and save them as a PDF.
- GotFreeCards - GFC offers a collection of free cards that can customized online and then printed.
- HP Free Printable - HP has a collection of free greeting cards for many different occasions on its Printables site.
- Microsoft Word Card Templates - Microsoft offers a collection of free and premium templates for printable greeting cards.
- Smilebox Printable Card - Smilebox offers a collection of free printable card templates.
Make and Print Your Own with Microsoft Word
LCI Paper also provides this video for doing it yourself at home with Microsoft Word. A Birthday Card for a boy named Davey is used as an example.
Greeting Card Paper
A good cardstock paper for printing greeting cards are the Avery Half-Fold Greeting Cards, Inkjet, 5.5 x 8.5, which can be found on Amazon.com.
Here are a few other types of greeting card stock available:
- PPD Inkjet Printable Greeting Cards Glossy
- Hallmark Premium Blank Greeting Card Paper
- LCI Paper: A7 Cards
- Red River Greeting Card Inkjet Paper
You can find many other forms of greeting card paper online and at crafts and office supply stores. You may test a few different types by varying weight, thickness and glossiness to see what works best for you. A good article about the different weight and thickness of cardstock can be found at printmoz.
Note: You may also be interested in our article about printable bookmarks.