Microsoft Producing TV Shows for Xbox Live
Posted on April 7, 2014
Microsoft is entering the growing TV content wars. The company is launching a challenge against Netflix, Amazon and other companies creating original content. Bloomberg reports that Microsoft has six series in production. The Xbox television studio division is headed by Nancy Tellem. She was formerly with CBS.
Here is a list of shows Microsoft has in production:
- Halo: Microsoft is reportedly working on two series surrounding its popular Halo series. Variety reports that one of them is an epic Game of Thrones like series that Steven Spielberg will executive produce.
- Human: a remake of a Swedish series about robotic servants. Some of the robots want to be free.
- Every Street United: a reality TV series focused on street soccer.
- A documentary series centered around the digital era. Variety says the first installment looks at Atari's burial of unsold copies of E.T. the Video Game in a landfill in New Mexico. That sounds pretty interesting.
- A series covering live events, such as the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival.
More from Writers Write