Martha Stewart Shares Health Tips in Living the Good Long Life
Posted on May 2, 2013
Martha Stewart has a new book out about healthy living, The book, Living the Good Long Life, features advice, resources, charts and tips from doctors and wellness experts. The book is published by Clarkson Potter.
Martha received a blurb from former president Bill Clinton for the book. Clinton says, "In my Foundation's health initiatives - and in my own life - I've seen again and again how even small measures to improve your health can make a big difference. Living the Good Long Life is full of simple ideas that can be incorporated into daily routines to help you feel better and keep on doing what you love."
The book includes chapters about Martha's 10 Golden Rules for Successful Aging:
- Healthy Eating: Stock a healthy pantry for your dietary needs.
- Healthy Fitness: Stand strong on your feet by increasing your balance, endurance, and flexibility.
- A Healthy Brain: Stimulate new brain activity to prevent memory loss.
- A Healthy Outlook: Maintain a sense of daily purpose by strengthening social connections.
- Healthy Living Every Day: Medicate wisely while paying attention to aches and pains.
- Healthy Looks: Take care of your skin and match your makeup to your age.
- Healthy Home: Create a home that is a reflection of how you want to live.
- Healthy Living into the Future: Be your own wellness CEO to prevent future illness.
- Healthy Caring: Prepare for helping others while caring for yourself.
Martha Stewart also frequently shares information about healthy living, food and entertainment on her Twitter account, @MarthaStewart. She also currently has two shows running on PBS.
Photo: Clarkson Potter