Finalists for L.A. Times Book Prize Announced
Posted on February 19, 2014
The finalists were announced today for The Los Angeles Times' 2013 Book Prize. The newspaper announced 50 books in 10 categories that made the cut. The categories include biography, current interest, fiction, graphic novel/comics, history, mystery/thriller, poetry, science and technology, and young adult literature. The winners will be announced in April at a special ceremony. J.K. Rowling is one of the finalists in the Mystery/Thriller category under the name, Robert Galbraith.
The nominees in the Fiction category are:
- Percival Everett, Percival Everett by Virgil Russell, Graywolf Press
- Claire Messud, The Woman Upstairs, Knopf
- Ruth Ozeki, A Tale for the Time Being, Viking
- Susan Steinberg, Spectacle: Stories, Graywolf Press
- Daniel Woodrell, The Maid's Version: A Novel, Little, Brown & Co.
- Richard Crompton, Hour of the Red God, Sarah Crichton Books/Farrar, Straus & Giroux
- Robert Galbraith, The Cuckoo's Calling, Mulholland Books/Little, Brown & Co.
- John Grisham, Sycamore Row, Doubleday Books
- Gene Kerrigan, The Rage, Europa Editions
- Ferdinand von Schirach, The Collini Case, Viking
You can see the full list of nominees here.