ABC Pulls Blog for 9/11 Docudrama
Posted on September 4, 2006Think Progress reports that ABC has taken down the blog for the upcoming docudrama, The Path to 9/11. Think Progress says the film was, "written by an unabashed conservative who twists the facts to blame President Clinton." The blog was pulled from ABC after receiving numerous critical comments.
The fictional ABC series, which will air on 9-10 and 9-11, has polarized political bloggers. Some bloggers seem to be excited about watching the film while other bloggers are heavily criticizing it. The RightVoices blog admits the film blames Clinton with a post titled, "ABC Docudrama Blames Clinton For 9/11."
Think Progress has posted a copy of the deleted blog. The blog includes posts from The Path to 9/11 director David Cunningham defending the film. Cunningham says it is "not a right wing agenda movie" and that the film does bring up a PDB report that the Bush administration overlooked. Cunningham did not say if it is the August 6th PDB entitled, "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in US." Cunningham also says the film contains "many other missteps by the Bush administration." The film hasn't generated much buzz so far -- just 400 posts and many of them are critical of the film.
It may be 9/11 overkill for some. The World Trade Center film was released in theaters a few weeks ago. There's a 9/11 special on National Geographic that The Chatterbox Chronicles has found. There's also the 9/11 Report Graphic Novel as well for those with insatiable interest in the 9/11 terrorist attacks. You can also be sure there will be many other specials on the news networks and online reflecting on the events of September 11th.