330 W 42 street
New York, NY 10036
Contact: Marina Gurland
Telecommuting Considered: No
Job Description: he 1199SEIU Benefit & Pension Funds provide comprehensive health, pension, and quality of life benefits to unionized workers represented by 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East. We are among the largest labor-management funds in the nation, covering 400,000 members and their families.
If you're ready for the brightest career future, join us in this excellent opportunity to showcase your talents. We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Writer for our Communications department.
- Write, review and edit communications materials for the 1199SEIU Funds on union members’ healthcare, pension, training and child care benefits. Update existing materials and write copy for newsletters, brochures, flyers, targeted letters, surveys, phone scripts, reports and presentations
- Supervise and direct department writer(s) with respect to editorial assignments
- Review and edit standard documents and publications that describe Fund benefits, such as Summary Plan Descriptions, handbooks, overviews and Summaries of Benefits and Coverage.
- Create PowerPoint presentations for members of the Funds leadership teams as required
- Share responsibility for preparing daily summary of news clippings and drafting articles on news around the Fund for weekly posting on the Intranet
- Assist the department’s Managing Editor and Assistant Managing Editor research and write articles for publications for active members and retirees, employers and providers
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned by management
Education: Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field or equivalent years of work experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field or equivalent years of work experience required
- Minimum five (5) years writing, editing, proofreading and project management experience required
- Minimum two (2) years editorial management experience required
- Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Internet research required
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Must be detail-oriented with proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure - both independently and as part of a team
- Must show initiative and follow-up as necessary to get the job done
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written) along with professional manner and presentation required
- Ability to target communications to different audiences, including union members, employers, providers and trustees
- Ability to translate complex benefit information into easily accessible communications
- Interest in health policy, unions, and/or employee benefits a plus
- Must meet performance standards including attendance and punctuality
How To Apply: We offer a competitive salary, an excellent fully employer-paid comprehensive benefits package and talented professional colleagues. For consideration and to apply, please visit us at http://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NBF1199&cws=1&rid=6048. Please mention you saw this ad in The Write Jobs. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job listing was posted on June 8, 2016. Please mention that you are replying to the job ad listed on The Write Jobs.