Location: WFH - PA
Telecommuting Considered: Yes
Job Description: The Associate Medical Director will assist in the delivery of the scientific content of medical communications within accounts, provide strategic consultancy to clients based upon scientific expertise, support new business development and act as scientific consultant on one or more accounts. Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with the other members of the Medical Communications business unit management team to drive business to meet/exceed client expectations by providing scientific leadership in specific therapeutic categories.
- Support Scientific Services leadership in developing methods and offerings to best provide strategic consultancy to clients.
- Business Planning/commercial
- Apply knowledge of the therapeutic use and strategic marketing of pharmaceuticals to account plans, strategic publication plans, strategic communication programs, proposals and pitches.
- Participate fully in briefing and brainstorming meetings
- Provide scientific expertise to Business Development in the development of new business pitches and proposals
- Project work
- To write and manage delivery of scientific content for a range of medical communications that meet client needs, internal quality standards and timelines:
- Liaise with Scientific Services leadership on writers’ training needs and provide coaching as required
- Coordinate at an appropriate level with external parties such as clients and key opinion leaders (e.g. liaising with speakers in the preparation of briefing notes and slide presentations)
- In conjunction with the Scientific Services Director, to help develop writers within an account team to achieve their full potential.
- Assist in delivering editorial training in relevant therapy area/discipline
- Contribute to or conduct (as appropriate) performance and learning & development reviews and develop and monitor progress of objectives with direct reports
- To support team working principles within Medical Communications, account team and other departments and collaboration between business units by attending team and editorial meetings/tutorials
- Any other duties as required by manager.
Education: Life sciences PhD, PharmD, MD degree
Hours: 35 hours/week
Salary: commensurate with experience
How To Apply: https://springer-career-com.becruiter.net/jobagent/search/job_details.aspx?design=_std&rowguid=12af2eda-6d20- 4f87-82a8-91d16801252e&lang=3
This job listing was posted on October 17, 2014. Please mention that you are replying to the job ad listed on The Write Jobs.