2010 Next Generation Indie Book Award Winners Announced
Posted on May 30, 2010
The Independent Book Publishing Professionals Group has named the winners of the 2010 Next Generation Indie Book Awards. The non-profit awards program was created to identify indie books that deserve to reach a wider audience. The winning nonfiction title, American Idle, discusses our modern sedentary culture. We love how it features a comfy chair on the cover and how the clever title reference a popular reality TV show.
Top Nonfiction Books
- First Place Winner ($1,500 Prize): American Idle: A Journey Through Our Sedentary Culture by Mary Collins (Capital Books)
- Second Place Winner ($750 Prize): Phlogs: Journey into the Heart of the Human Predicament by George Stranahan and Nicole Beinstein Strait (People's Press)
- Third Place Winner ($500 Prize): Ophelia's Oracle: Discovering the Healthy, Happy, Self-Aware and Confident Girl in the Mirror by Donna DeNomme and Tina Proctor (Inlightened Source Publishing)
- First Place Winner ($1,500 Prize): The Hiding Place of Thunder by Keith Remer (Enlighten Press)
- Second Place Winner ($750 Prize): Shaken Allegiances by Michel Bruneau (CePages Press)
- Third Place Winner ($500 Prize): The Bum Magnet by K.L. Brady (LadyLit Press)
- A prize of $250 was awarded for Best Design to Utherworlds by Philip Straub (Ballistic Publishing).