330 W 42 Street
New York, New York 10036
Contact: marina gurland
Location: NY, NY
Telecommuting Considered: No
Job Description: The 1199SEIU Benefit & Pension Funds provide comprehensive health, pension, and quality of life benefits to unionized workers represented by 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East. We are among the largest labor-management funds in the nation, covering 400,000 members and their families.
If you're ready for the brightest career future, join us in this excellent opportunity to showcase your talents. We are currently seeking an experienced Writer for our Communications department.
- Write, edit and proofread communications materials for the 1199SEIU Funds on union members’ healthcare, pension, training and child care benefits
- Update existing materials and write copy for newsletters, brochures, flyers, targeted letters, surveys, phone scripts, reports and presentations
- Conduct research on health policy, employee benefits and healthcare and benefit trends
- Produce PowerPoint presentations as necessary
- Write and update copy for internal and external websites
- Review Fund correspondence to ensure it is accurate, member-friendly and adheres to fund guidelines
- Proofread and update the Fund’s summary plan descriptions and other legal documents
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned by management
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field or equivalent years of work experience required
- Minimum three (3) years writing, editing, proofreading and project management experience required
- Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Internet research
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Must be detail-oriented with proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure - both independently and as part of a team
- Must show initiative and follow-up as necessary to get the job done
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written) along with professional manner and presentation required
- Ability to target communications to different audiences, including union members, employers, providers and trustees
- Ability to translate complex benefit information into easily accessible communications
- Interest in health policy, unions, and/or employee benefits a plus
- Must meet performance standards including attendance and punctuality.
How To Apply: e offer a competitive salary, an excellent fully employer-paid comprehensive benefits package and talented professional colleagues. For consideration and to apply, please visit http://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NBF1199&cws=1&rid=5712. Please mention you saw this ad in Writer Jobs. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job listing was posted on April 5, 2016. Please mention that you are replying to the job ad listed on The Write Jobs.