Jennifer Egan Wins Pulitzer Prize for Fiction
Posted on April 18, 2011Jennifer Egan won the 2011 Pulitzer Prize for fiction for her novel, A Visit from the Goon Squad (Alfred A. Knopf). She talked to the Wall Street Journal about what it feels to win.
Jennifer Egan said, "It's absolutely nutty to win something like this. I feel weird. I wish I had something more articulate to say. It seems so fantastical, like I've exited from real life."
Here is a list of the 2011 Pulitzer Prize winners in Letters, Drama and Music.
- Fiction: A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan (Alfred A. Knopf)
- Drama: Clybourne Park by Bruce Norris
- History: The Fiery Trial: Abraham Lincoln and American Slavery by Eric Foner (W. W. Norton & Company)
- Biography: Washington: A Life by Ron Chernow (The Penguin Press)
- Poetry: The Best of It: New and Selected Poems by Kay Ryan (Grove Press)
- General Nonfiction: The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee (Scribner)
- Music: "Madame White Snake" by Zhou Long, premiered on February 26, 2010 by Opera Boston at the Cutler Majestic Theatre.